Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes | Total Time: 4 hours and 25 minutes | Serves: 6
With very little prep work, this goulash simmers all day for a warm and comforting bowl of dinnertime goodness.
- 2 lb (1 kg) SunGold Lamb Shoulder Stew
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) chunks
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) paprika
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Preparation & Directions:
- Toss together lamb, flour, salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet set over medium-high heat; sear lamb on all sides, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned.
- In slow cooker, combine lamb, onion, garlic, carrots and red pepper. Whisk together chicken broth, tomato paste and paprika; pour over lamb and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on Low for about 8 hours or High for about 4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with sour cream and parsley.
- This dish is traditionally served with egg noodles, but you can serve it with rice, potatoes or quinoa, if you like.