Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes| Total Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 4
Better than takeout, this easy gyro sandwich is loaded with healthy veggies and zesty feta cheese.
- 1 pkg (300 g) SunGold Lamb Gyros
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced cucumber
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 4 pita breads (6 inch/15 cm), warmed
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) store-bought tzatziki sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
Preparation & Directions:
- Grill gyros according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice; toss with chickpeas, cucumber, radishes and red onion.
- Spoon chickpea mixture onto pita breads; top with sliced gyros. Drizzle with tzatziki sauce; sprinkle with feta and dill.
- Add pitted black olives to the sandwich if desired.
- Alternatively, substitute naan bread or tortillas for pita bread.